Fall is right around the corner, and that means cooler temperatures and changes to your daily wardrobe. Fall is that time of year when you can embrace warm tones and soft, cozy fabrics. It is also a great time to show off your personal style and ability to adapt to all seasons.
As we get closer to fall 2021, Shop Style Shark has some tips for 9 fall essentials you can start gathering now to make sure you are fall wardrobe ready!
9 Fall Essentials to Start Gathering Now
Get your wardrobe ready for the upcoming seasonal change by adding these essential items to your wardrobe:
- Dark Wash Jeans: Dark wash jeans are a great item to help transition your summer wardrobe into fall. Dark blue, gray, or black can easily pair with your favorite summer t-shirt, but will also look great with a flannel or oversized sweater.
- Shirt Dress: Shirt dresses are hot right now, and the trend seems here to stay. A flannel shirt dress is a great option for fall. Pair a shirt dress with shorts and sneakers as summer continues, then add with knee-high boots or leggings to transition to fall.
- Flannel Shirt: Speaking of flannel, flannel shirts are another trend that seems here to stay. Flannel shirts are a great layering piece to go over jeans or leggings. Pair it with a solid tank top and a statement necklace, and you have a great going-out fall outfit.
- Leggings: Leggings are a must-have for almost any season. As temperatures cool, however, you can pull out warmer, cozy, chunky, sweater-type leggings and pair them with your favorite shirts, sweaters, and coats. Slip on shoes or over-the-knee boots both work great with leggings this fall.
- Denim Jacket: Denim jackets are a great transitional piece for any wardrobe. It is lighter than a coat, but heavier than a flannel shirt. This is great for cooler evenings as summer turns into fall. Pair a jean jacket with a white t-shirt and dark jeans for a cool look that is totally on-trend.
- Scarves: We love scarves! Scarves are functional and fashionable accessories that are abundant as summer turns to fall. Prepare your wardrobe by adding some wool, cashmere, or alpaca scarves. Seasonal patterns like plaid are great, and have fun with the color and design!
- Wide-Leg Pants: Wide-leg pants are making a huge comeback right now, and fall 2021 is a great time to try it yourself. Wide-leg pants are available in casual styles like jeans, or in slacks. You can dress them up or down, and can easily accessorize your look with the right handbag or jacket.
- Wool Coat: A wool coat is a wonderful layering piece that is perfect for fall weather. They are neutral enough to wear with casual looks (think that leggings outfit above), but can also be dressed up with slacks and the right jewelry.
- Cardigan: Cardigans have been a fall wardrobe staple for a while for many people. But now, there are so many styles, lengths, and fabrics to choose from – it really is a must-have piece! Layer a cardigan over other soft fabrics and neutral hues for a really sleek and comfortable fall look.
Fall is just around the corner. Schools are starting back soon, and it’s time to make sure that your wardrobe is fall ready. Get started now by adding these essential items to your wardrobe.
Leave a Reply